About WinterLight Labs and the role
WinterLight Labs is a Toronto-based company which has developed software for objectively quantifying speech and language to detect and monitor dementia and other neurological disorders, using cutting-edge natural language processing algorithms and machine learning. Subsequent to two seed rounds, we are piloting our technology with pharmaceutical companies, senior care providers, and clinicians throughout Canada, the United States, and Europe.
As WinterLight’s first medical liaison you will a significant impact on WinterLight’s direction and in defining this position. As WinterLight grows, the responsibilities of this position will evolve significantly creating plenty of opportunities for professional development.
Benefits include: flexible work hours and location, 4 weeks vacation, equity and more.
- Work independently to seek out new partnerships with pharmaceutical companies
- Prepare for, and attend, partnership conferences
- Plan, and organize, road-shows to meet with pharmaceutical companies in the US
- Conduct regular research on companies developing therapeutics for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Identify MD early adopters eager to use automatic and objective measures for cognition (e.g., neurologists, psychiatrists, and neurosurgeons who might be more willing to pilot our tech)
- Occasionally seek out, and write, research grant applications for WinterLight
- Prepare the marketplace for WinterLight’s technology (e.g. develop marketing decks for pharma, research trends, understand product development and keep up-to-date on regulatory issues as they relates to cognitive assessments)
- Serves as a scientific resource and study manager with our commercial partners
- Experience presenting to clinicians and scientists
- Have worked in pharmaceutical industry for 3 to 5 years
- A relevant advanced degree (PhD, Pharm D, MD/DO, NP)
- Previous experience in: 1) the clinical trial process and 2) bringing therapies to market
- Specialty in CNS diseases and ideally a focus on dementia
- Understand how pharma companies operate and how startups can engage them
- Experience working with MDs, domain experts and scientists
Liam Kaufman, CEO
liam [at] winterlightlabs.com